There’s no doubt that audiences are looking for more engaging photos and videos to absorb. With that being said, it’s important that you pay close attention to every detail of your content. This means you also need to consider your YouTube thumbnails.
In our previous article, we shared with you the importance of quality YouTube thumbnails and shared a few tips and tricks that will help you create powerful thumbnails that would attract a wider audience.
So, with that being said, we’ll share more design tips that will help you when designing a YouTube thumbnail. Of course, it’s worth mentioning to use a YouTube editing service to help you!
- Use a Relevant and Compelling Imagery: The very first thing you need to do when designing a YouTube thumbnail is to use the right kind of imagery. This means you need to be careful and avoid using generic backgrounds or distracting elements that may negatively affect the potential of your content. Ideally, your YouTube thumbnails should be clean, simple, and visually appealing.
- Make “Eye Contact” With the Viewer: One common mistake some creators make is to include distracting elements in their thumbnails that instantly makes the viewers’ eyes bounce to another part of the image. Of course, this is unfortunate because you want to make the viewers stick with your content! If you think about it, it’s very important that you can “make eye contact” with your viewers right away. Make sure to use compelling images that will instantly make viewers interested in what you have to offer.
- Ensure Consistency With Your Design: Having a consistent design is also essential. This means that every single element in your thumbnail design should be consistent with your brand. Of course, you can make adjustments based on the image you want to use, but make sure that you’re still able to showcase your brand personality. Use colour palettes and graphics that are familiar with your brand, and use these in your thumbnail.
- Know What Your Competitor is Doing: Yes, you indeed need to know what your competitors are doing. Why? Well, you should know what they’re doing because they’re your competitors, and they’re doing something right. With this being said, it’s very important to know what the other creators are doing so that you can improve the quality of your own content.
- Use a YouTube Editing Service: YouTube editing services have the latest design tools and will help you create professional YouTube thumbnails. That’s not all. YouTube editing services also have strategic ways to optimise your thumbnail for YouTube and for your overall channel. In summary, by using a YouTube editing service you can save time, energy, and hassle.
The Bottom Line: You Can Make Compelling and Effective YouTube Thumbnails to Help Attract More Viewers to Your Content
If you ask us, designing a great YouTube thumbnail is one of the best ways to attract more viewers to your content. It will help you improve the quality of your videos, which means you can rank your videos more effectively. Also, designs that are more compelling will help you create a better brand image.
With that said, you can strengthen YouTube thumbnails by using a YouTube Editing Service like Editing Machine.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for a YouTube editing service, check out Editing Machine.
Editing Machine is a service that helps YouTubers create more and better quality content. Try out our services and see the improvement of your YouTube!